Dr. Khanna is an arts education advocate, arts programs administrator, educator and professional illustrator with over 15 years of experience.
- As an illustrator, worked in various industries including comics and children’s books, animation, music and apparel
- In the world of arts education Dr. Khanna was a founding administrator and Director of the Visual Arts Department at ICEF Public Schools, a network of K-12th grade campuses in the South Los Angeles community. The programs there provided South Los Angeles students access to high quality Visual and Performing Arts classes during the school day. Many of those students went on to major in the arts and work in the animation industry.
- In Arts advocacy and policy research- worked on “The Blueprint for Creative Schools” report published by former CA. Superintentent Tom Torlakson’s office.
- Partnered with the organization Arts for LA/ Los Angeles County Arts Collective to build advocacy action and strategic implementation plans for Los Angeles schools and communities.
- Currently Dr. Khanna is an Assistant Professor in the Visual and Media Arts Department at Los Angeles City College
Education includes BFA, Otis College of Art and Design, MA and Ed.D from Loyola Marymount University.
[all artwork ©2021 Amarpal Khanna. Not available for use without the artist’s permission]